News from Our Members:
The North Fork Valley Creative Coalition plays a vital role in fostering collaboration and creativity within our community. By curating information from our members, we provide a platform for sharing ideas and generating high-quality events and creative endeavors in Paonia Creative District and the greater North Fork Valley. By bringing together a diverse group of individuals and organizations, the coalition can tap into a wide range of talents and expertise. This collaborative approach allows for the development of unique and engaging experiences that benefit both the local community and visitors to the valley.
If you’re looking for an engaging and enriching way to spend your Friday nights, attending Paonia’s Final Friday Frolics monthly art-walks is definitely a fantastic choice. It’s an opportunity to immerse yourself in the artistic spirit of the valley, enjoy live music, savor delicious food, and create lasting memories. By participating in the Final Friday Artwalks, attendees support the local arts economy and contribute to the cultural vitality of the North Fork Valley. These events encourage dialogue, connection, and collaboration among artists, art enthusiasts, and the wider community, fostering a sense of unity and appreciation for the arts.
Local photographer and NFVCC member, Betsy Botsford of Point of Light Photography, was recently featured in an article by Shoutout Colorado. Read the article here.
- Friday Night Live!
- The Saturday Sessions
- Big B’s Folk ‘N Roots Rendezvous 2023 Memorial Day Weekend
- May 26th: Gallery Opening George Levi
- June 2nd: Happy Hour in Sage Alley featuring John Hutchison
- June 9th: Happy Hour in Sage Alley featuring Dean Bonzani
- June 19th: Musical Theatre Choir Intensive
- June 23rd: Happy Hour in Sage Alley featuring River Arkansas
- June 24th: Hazel Miller & The Collective Concert at Azura Cellars
- June 30th: Happy Hour in Sage Alley featuring ISO
- July 1st: Clem Snide
- July 28th: Sturtz
- September 12th: Mama’s Broke
NFVCC member, Cedar Keshet, is getting ready for a solo exhibit in August at the 610 Arts Collective in Ridgway, CO. The exhibit’s title is “Trees Through Time.” Cedar is collaborating with the Colorado State Forest Service and the National Forest Foundation to help raise awareness of the importance of caregiving as well as planting trees.
A bakery by French pastry chef Clemie Boca specializing in traditional French pastries, Viennoiseries, and American desserts.
Open on Sundays at 11am in the alleyway at 232 Grand Ave (behind Emj’s) in Paonia, CO. YUM!
Learn Stargazing Etiquette here.
The North Fork Valley has an abundance of creativity and Elsewhere’s mission is to support a diversity of artists while making connections between the Western Slope and the global community. With the support of the West Elk Community Fund, we are providing a variety of awards to the hardworking artists in our community in order to reinforce the fabric of our local culture and nurture a vibrant array of creative endeavors this summer season. Application Deadline: June 9th.
Jeanine Renée’s “Plastic Madonna” Album Release Concert at the Paradise Theatre on Thursday, May 25 at 7pm; Doors open at 7:00pm. Purchase Tickets.Jeanine Renée is an Americana Singer Songwriter and Poet whose lyrics have been described as ‘raw with grace,’ transporting the listener to a place that ‘defies time.’ Her latest album, “Plastic Madonna,” is no exception.
Join eVariations for our Summer Dance Series at Root and Vine Market + Qutori Wines. Live DJ Sets from C.B. NA$H, Et.Han, Koko Love & Special Guest: Stasis. Come and DANCE with us! Funky house music starts at 7PM and goes until 11PM. No cover. Qutori Wine, local hand crafted cider will be available. Hope to see ya on the dance floor! Learn More
Come celebrate! on Tuesday, May 30th at 5:30 – 6:45 pm at the Creamery Arts Center in Hotchkiss. Stay for the free IMPROV show with Lenore’s troup FREE RANGE COMEDY at 7pm. Light refreshments will be served and beverages will be available for sale in the Creamery. Learn More
Join local author Sunshine Knight for an author reading and Q&A at Paonia Books on June 21st at 6pm! Clearfork Cider and wines will be available for purchase and I’m happy to sign books. Reading starts at 5:30 with a Q&A immediately following. Limited space available, so please RSVP.
Paonia United Brewing Company is dedicated to making and serving high quality, small-batch craft beer. Our Tasting Room and Beer Garden are family friendly, non-judgmental areas for you to enjoy our hand crafted ales and lagers and the Paonia way of life.
- Monday – Friday: 4pm – 9pm
- Sat & Sun: 4pm – 9pm
- Music: Jenine Renee’s “Plastic Madonna” Album Release Concert on Thursday, May 25th Purchase Tickets
- Movie: Roxanne on May 27th
- Movie: The Hybrids Family on May 31st
- Movie: Sacrificial on June 1st
- Movie: Color the Town
- Movie: Grumpy Old Men
- Performance: Cirque Eccentric After Dark (Adults Only) on June 10th Purchase Tickets
- Performance: Spirits Calling ~ Cocktails, Comedy, and Psychic Connections on June 13th
2nd Annual Folk ‘N Roots Rendezvous
3 days of FREE live music on Memorial Day weekend.
- FRIDAY – May 26th
- 3:30 – 5pm – Kane Tucky & Willis Pickem
- 5:30 – 7:00 – Birds of Play
- 7:30 – 9:30 – Madeline Hawthorne
- SATURDAY – May 27th
- Noon – 1:15 – Woodnote
- 1:30 – 3:00 – La La Bones
- 3:30 – 4:30 – Six Dollar Stringband
- 5:00 – 6:30 – Contra Dance w/ Six Dollar Stringband and Caller: Andrea Early
- 7:00 – 8:00 – FY5
- 8:30 – 10pm – Twisted Pine
- SUNDAY – May 28th
- 12:00 – 1:15 – Ford & Fitzroy
- 2:00 – 3:15 – Mama Lingua
Email Dione Holt for more info! | Learn More
The Learning Council presents Arbol Farmers Market, a weekly market on Tuesdays 5pm to 8pm at Paonia Town Park (May 16th to October 17th, 2023) Learn More.
VOGA Upcoming Events – Learn More
- Know Your Farmer Farm Tour with Down Home Farm on May 25th at 6pm
- Spring Greens and Ferments with Mark Waltermire on May 30th at Thistle Whistle Farm booth at Arbol Farmers Market
- North Fork Uncorked on June 9th to 11th – Wine, Food, Events
- North Fork Valley Lavender Farms Tours on June 25th
- Vegetable Variety Tasting with CSU WCRC Rogers Mesa on June 27th at Arbol Farmers Market
- Garlic Braiding with Stephanie Matlock on July 25th at Cobblestone Farm Booth at Arbol Farmers Market
North Fork Uncorked on June 9-11, 2023
Enjoy Tasting New Releases from the West Elks Wineries of Western Colorado