We are contracting!!!
NFVCC is contracting a local expert in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to work with us and our community partners to improve our websites’ impact outside the NFV. We would like your help to find the right person. Please pass this job description on to anyone you think might be a good fit.
SEO Specialist Job Description
Overview of CTO Marketing Grant 2017
The North Fork Valley Creative Coalition (NFVCC) is collaborating with ten local partners that organize events happening in our valley during the 2017 tourist season between the months of April through September. These events include a wide range of interests including fine arts, music, agritourism, wine tasting, performing arts and culinary events. We are the umbrella organization managing the North Fork Creative District and promoting the creative ventures of all in the valley.
The NFVCC is seeking to hire a SEO Specialist, in a contract position, to work with our Marketing Grant Project Managers and partner organizations in updating eleven websites and implementing SEO work to increase traffic to these websites.
- Improve SEO in eleven partner websites. Increase traffic by a measurable percentage.
- Monitor each website performance using Google Analytics and other tools.
- Lead a workshop for partners on basic introduction to SEO and guide them on how to maintain SEO after grant period
- SEO expert is responsible for analyzing client’s goal and designing a plan that works best.
- Work with client on best content, titles, headings, sub-headings, and keywords.
- Use effective search engine keywords in relevant places within website.
- Recommend changes in design, content and links as per requirements.
- Use strategies that increase in-bound traffic (aka back-links that point to our partners’ websites).
- Be up-to-date with the latest SEO news and methods such as Google’s Algorithm.
- Thoroughly monitor website performance and take necessary steps to improve traffic.
- Provide guidance on and rectify technical issues, such as: 404 Error, Duplicate Content, problems related to XML and HTML sitemap, broken links, etc.
- Provide guidance on developing user and mobile friendly (responsive) websites to increase Click Through Rates (CTR) and improve search engine rankings.
- Knowledgeable and work well with Content Management System such as Blogger and WordPress and simple coding like CSS, HTML, etc.
- Provide client with periodic statistics and analytical data on website performance.
- Draw the customer’s attention; have ability to create online ad campaigns through Google
- Use digital marketing channels and techniques to increase brand awareness.
- Meet with client to provide monthly review of the websites’ work completed and work in- progress
- Be able to generate traffic, turn them into leads, and convert those leads into sales.
- Work within the budget allotted by client for marketing campaign and other purchases.
- Protect client’s personal information; Client must be protected against any malware or website security issues.
- Experience using WordPress.
- Knowledge of SEO plug-ins for WordPress (eg: seoyoast plug-in; allinoneseo plugin).
- Submit professional Invoices, keep track of hours, not to exceed overall SEO Budget.
- Knowledge of the North Fork Valley as a whole, as well as the Creative District.
Tools (must be familiar with the following, or similar):
- Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools)
- Google PageSpeed Insights
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google Structured Data (schema.org)
- Google AdWords: Keyword Planner
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider (www.screamingfrog.co.uk/seo-spider)
- SEMrush (www.semrush.com)
- Moz Open Site Explorer (www.moz.com/mozpro/lander/ose)
- Siteliner (siteliner.com) – looks for duplicate content
- Prior to hiring, SEO Specialist will provide NFVCC with overall Job Estimate, with breakdown of cost for each deliverable, including meetings.
- NFVCC will pay SEO Specialist as Deliverables are completed and as Invoices from SEO Specialist are received.
- Kate Rawlinson, Grant Manager: email@example.com | 970-270-7863
- Susie Kaldis Lowe, Board Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org | 970-275-3453
Interested parties please submit a cover letter and resume by May 31st, 2017.