News from Our Members:
Local photographer and NFVCC member, Betsy Botsford of Point of Light Photography, was recently featured in an article by Shoutout Colorado. Read the article here.
- June 30th: Friday Night Live! featuring Gasoline Lollipops at 7:30pm; donations benefit Cherry Days Forever
- July 1st: The Saturday Sessions featuring Dustdrops at 8pm
- July 2nd: Live Stream of Dead & Co. show at Folsom Field at 6pm
- June 30th: Happy Hour in Sage Alley featuring ISO at 5-7pm
- July 2nd: Sound Healing with Ildi Ingraham at 3pm
- Harvest of Voices: Call for Submissions – Seeking original works of poetry, fiction, and non-fiction from Western Slope writers. Submission Deadline is August 11th. Learn More.
NFVCC member, Cedar Keshet, is getting ready for a solo exhibit entitled Trees Through Time: The Tree Hugging Cowgirl Rides Again at the 610 Arts Collective in Ridgway, CO on August 2-28, 2023. Opening Reception on August 4th from 6pm-7:30pm with an artist talk at 6:30pm. Cedar is collaborating with the Colorado State Forest Service and the National Forest Foundation to help raise awareness of the importance of caregiving as well as planting trees.
July 3rd & 4th, 2023 in Paonia, CO.
Monday, July 3rd
- 10am-3pm: Downtown Day
- TOWN PARK:
- 12pm-1:30pm: Tim Veazy & Helen Highwater
- 2:15pm-3:45pm: Handsome cat Blues Band
- 4:30pm-6pm: Bromigos
- 7pm: AJ Fullerton Band
- 10am: Independence Day Parade
- TOWN PARK:
- 12:15pm: North Fork Choir
- 12:30pm: Delta Sonics
- 2:30pm: Bad Bones & The Baby Wolf Band
- 5pm: Paonia’s Got Talent Show
- 7pm: Lipbone Redding Trio
A bakery by French pastry chef Clemie Boca specializing in traditional French pastries, Viennoiseries, and American desserts.
Open on Sundays at 11am in the alleyway at 232 Grand Ave in Paonia, CO. YUM!
Dark Sky Tourism – Dark sky tourism includes learning to conserve the dark sky resource in order to experience the wonder and beauty of truly dark places with very little artificial light; as well as places with beautifully-designed and responsible outdoor lighting that is safe, effective, efficient, healthy and aesthetically-pleasing; welcoming the visitor to relax and enjoy the quiet and spectacular dark sky nightscapes, and to settle into the nourishing rhythm of the natural cycle of light and dark.
NFVCC member, Dione Holt, will be teaching plein air classes at the Redstone General store this summer. The class is 3 hours and includes lunch for $50 per student. Dates for the classes are July 7th, August 4th and September 8th. Classes are from 9am to 12pm in front of the store and by the river across the boulevard.
Join eVariations for our Summer Dance Series at Root and Vine Market + Qutori Wines. Live DJ Sets from NFVCC member Koko Love & Special Guests. Come and DANCE with us! No cover. Qutori Wine, local hand crafted cider will be available. Hope to see ya on the dance floor! Learn More
Win a new 2023 Toyota RAV4 Prime, Plug-in Hybrid, valued at $46,093 and support Public radio.. Tickets are $20 (or 3 for $50). This fundraiser helps KVNF continue to deliver diverse music, news and voices. Visit KVNF website to learn more & buy tickets. Please share this to anyone who may be interested.
Live Music! Starts at 7pm.
Stay Up-to-date on Facebook
- Every Wednesday: Back Porch Blues Jam
- Thursday, July 20th: Beat Night, An All Originals Open Mic
- LIVE MUSIC FRIDAYS:
- July 7th – Tiffany Christopher
- July 14th – Rupert Wates
- July 21 – Rigby Summer
- July 28 – Bell Creek Band
Cornfield of Dreams or… The Villain Was A Laughing Stalk: A Cherry Days Melodrama on Sunday, July 2nd and Monday, July 3rd at 5pm at Paradise Theatre. Tickets $10 online; $15 at the door. Purchase Tickets.
Paonia United Brewing Company is dedicated to making and serving high quality, small-batch craft beer. Our Tasting Room and Beer Garden are family friendly, non-judgmental areas for you to enjoy our hand crafted ales and lagers and the Paonia way of life.
July Films, Concerts, and Events
- Electro Paradiso: Late Night Dance Series – Every Friday Night in July! Featuring the Hottest DJs, the coolest cocktails, the best after-hours event in the North Fork Valley
- Paonia Players Presents a Cherry Days Melodrama “Cornfield of Dreams or… The Villain Was A Laughing Stalk” Directed by Merrily Talbott. Sunday July 2nd & Monday July 3rd at 5pm
- Summer Blockbuster Family Film “Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves” on Friday, July 7th and Saturday July 8th at 7pm. Sunday Matinee, July 9 at 3:30pm
- Free Senior Film (2nd Thursday of the month) Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Birds” on Thursday, July 13th at 10am
- Michael Gulezian In Concert: A Paradise Theatre Benefit on Saturday, July 15th at 7pm
- Celebrate Heritage Month Film Series (3rd Thursday of the month) “Champions” – Disability History Month on Thursday, July 20th @ 7pm. Co-Presented with The Learning Council and KVNF. By donation, with proceeds benefiting DC Cares
- Live Cult Classic Horror Night w/Disposable Cinema (3rd Monday of the month) “The Brain That Wouldn’t Die” on Monday, July 24th at 7pm
- Indigo Autumn Presents: Free Community Retro Film Series (last Saturday of the month) “The Karate Kid” on Saturday, July 29th at 7pm.
Ridgway Concert Series
The Town of Ridgway and Pickin’ Productions present the 16th Annual Ridgway Concert Series 2023 at Hartwell Park in Ridgway, CO. Thursdays in July. 6pm Showtime. Free. Food Vendors, Beer, Wine & Margaritas. No dogs or outside alcohol permitted.
- July 6: Jenny and the Mexicats ~ Larry & Joe
- July 13: Jupiter and Okwess ~ Laney Lou & the Bird Dogs
- July 20: Big Richard ~ Daniel Rodriguez
- July 27: Samantha Fish ~ Tropa Magica
- July 5th at 8:30am – Private garden at Roger’s Mesa, 14650 3100 Rd, Hotchkiss
- July 11th at 4:30pm – Arbol Farmers Market, Paonia Town Park
- July 18th at 8am – Sunshine Beef, Crawford
- July 25th at 8am – Grand Mesa Visitor Center.
Barrel Tasting, Gourmet Food & Wine Pairing at Stone Cottage Cellars on Saturday, Jully 55th at 6:30pm-8:30pm. Limited Seating. Reservations Required. Make a Reservation.
The Learning Council presents Arbol Farmers Market, a weekly market on Tuesdays 5pm to 8pm at Paonia Town Park (May 16th to October 17th, 2023) Learn More.
Town Of Paonia
OPEN HOUSE: Paonia Housing Needs & Assessment Plan on Thursday, July 13th at Ellen Hanson-Smith Center (Teen Center) in Paonia Town Park. Show up anytime between 5:30pm and 8:30pm, plan on at least 30 minutes to thoughtfully provide input. Town Website.
VOGA Upcoming Events
- July 6th: Know Your Farmer Farm Tour at Stanton Farms at 6pm
- July 25th: Garlic Braiding with Stephanie Matlock at the Cobblestone Farm Booth at Arbol Farmers Market
- August 23rd: Electric Fencing for Livestock with Tony Pendergast at XK Bar Ranch
- September 12th: Seed Processing with Jeff Wagner at the Groundwork Booth at Arbol Farmers Market
Summer of Self Care – Wellness Technologies Discount
Don’t let this summer put too much stress on your body. We know you have adventures, crops, children to wrangle, outdoor projects to accomplish, and no time for soreness. We are here with therapies, bodyworkers, and holistic medicine practitioners to help you maintain optimum health. All Wellness Technologies are 10% off with the code SUMMERCARE when you book online.
Curious about what the summer schedule looks like? Wellspring has movement classes that gently teach you how to move through the world intentionally to avoid injuries and pain. This schedule also reflects special clinic days and provider hours. Learn More.
Check out Wellspring Vitality Youtube Channel with health and fitness tips!
Note: we will be closed the 3rd-4th of July for the holiday festivities.
Weekly Events at Local Wineries
Black Bridge Winery: Thai Tuesday May 26th-October 26th. Pumpkin Patch September 23rd-October 29th.
Delicious Orchards: Every Friday night, May-September, enjoy summer nights of free live music at 7:30pm.
Mesa Winds: Serving farm-to-table small plates, cocktails, and wine tasting Wednesday-Sunday.
Qutori Wines: Happy Hour 4-7pm daily. Dance Party Nights – last Saturday of each month, May-September. Call for Saturday Vineyard Tour and Tasting, reservations required.
The Storm Cellar: Friday Steak Night, 4-7pm with Chef Joseph Kerns; 1st and 3rd Saturdays – Small Plates, 2-6pm with Chef Brandt Bishop. Rain or shine, no reservations required.