PAONIA CREATIVE DISTRICT is a hub of arts and cultural activity. Turn of the century buildings housing local shops, galleries, restaurants, artist studios, an arts center, an artist residency program, a historic movie theatre, and a community radio station add to the charm of the Rockwellian scene. Paonia hosts a population of 1,500 and is nestled at the base of Mount Lamborn in Delta County, Colorado. As a state Certifed Creative District, Paonia is an appealing place to live, visit, and conduct business.
COMMUNITIES with diversifed economies are more resilient to changing economic and sociopolitical trends. We encourage the diversifcation and stability of our economy by focusing on our creative industries. We support many types of makers, including, but not limited to: visual artists, designers, performing artists, culinary artists and value-added food makers, arts activists, young artists and healing arts practitioners. Our Programs are designed to strengthen and enhance the creative labors of our community.Directory of Creatives
While in Paonia
Things to Do
The Paonia Creative District is packed with events and activities year round. There is always something happening in this little town.
- Visit local galleries and artists studios
- Check out the fantastic shopping on Grand Avenue
- Taste the delicious food and drink from our valley
- Tour the many North Fork farms and wineries
- Enjoy the gorgeous scenery with a local bike tour
- Rejuvenate with a massage and a walk at the River Park
- Enjoy a classical concert or a bluegrass show
- Final Friday Frolics – Monthly Artwalks (January-December)
- North Fork Community Fair (May)
- North Fork Uncorked (June)
- WSCC Float Trip + River Festival (June)
- Cherry Days Parade + Festival (July)
- Pickin’ in the Park (August)
- West Elks Wine Trail (August)
- North Fork Valley Art + Ag Tour (Labor Day Weekend)
- Mountain Harvest Festival (September)
- Oktoberfest (October)
- Gears and Beers (October)
- Colorado Cider Fest (October)
- Paonia Holiday Art Fair (December)
Final Friday Frolics
Downtown Paonia sparkles with creativity during Final Friday Frolics. The last Friday of each month, January thru December, visit galleries, studios, boutiques and restaurants.
Enjoy our tasty local food and wine, mingle with the community and find the perfect treasure to take home.
Check our events calendar to see what Final Friday Frolic participants are offering. You never know what you might find...wine tasting, farm-to-table dinners, live music, exhibition openings and more!
Tour the beautiful countryside of the North Fork Valley on Labor Day weekend. Located at the base of Mt Lamborn on the Western Slope, the North Fork Valley is abundant with organic farms, orchards, wineries, and artists’ studios.
Spend the weekend visiting with local artisans, farmers, vintners and more. Finish the evening at our annual 'Celebrate the Fork' farm-to-table dinner.